A job that you will love?







The afterlife of studying is the world of employment. The first things that come to our mind when we work is the word "Salary". It is the biggest motivation of each employee. . .  but not always.

One of the biggest mistakes I made when it comes to employment is that I once work for P40,000/month yet not considering the environment. Though Salary is good, it is always more important to have wings whenever you are. Morality is one of the best grading scale, but not always. If someone fails on it, the next is already predictable.

I started working as a computer programmer for a commercial system last week. It is not a big company but already giving services to big businesses. One of the biggest hotel chains in Manila is already using our system.

Last week I was given a project about customizing the commercial reservation system. I enjoyed it a lot. I really love programming and I really miss analyzing code and debugging. We are using PHP. At first, it is really hard because customizing a code of a system is harder than making a new one.



I changed the CSS templates, fixed the deprecated codes, creates functions that can shorten the line of codes, modify directories and base root, etc. It is a job that I really love to do. If my boss gives me more task, then I will love it.

The best thing about this job is the environment. The people here are so caring. When it comes to morality, they surely have a high grade. You will really feel that they care.

When I started working, Ate Richelle has shown me the free apartment that I can use and even accompanied me to local places where I can eat. Sir Kim is the nicest boss, he is too busy but when you ask him, he will always try to give you time, I feel his passion in business and managing people. When it comes to knowledge in IT, he is surely topnotch and I really admire him. Mam Sussie, the HR is really affectionate, I really love how she treats her employees. The husband of Mam Susse (I forgot the name, but I always call him Kuya) is like a father for me in the office although all of them were like my family. Other employees such as Mam Sassie and Mam Alex are like my sisters, I haven't connected to other people in our office because they are always out, sometimes Sir Patrick visits,  but I'm I am afraid to talk because it will make my nose bleed.



This is my first time to work in Manila. At first, I'm having a hard time because I don't know anything in Manila. The places, culture, and people. I don't know how to use the LRT and when I need to go for an interview, it's definitely hard for me. I am really ignorant of the transportation, I need to have a long research study just to go to a certain place.


Right now I am happy, although it is too early to know. I think I will love this job and this place. :)

Update: Dec. 12, 2018, I resigned. .




Comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comment...